Quality Solar Installations Matter<< Back
There is so much involved in the installation of a solar system: from the initial processes of design and consideration, procurement, and planning, to the actual hands-on work; and, most important of all, the after-sales service.
With poor quality installations - aside from the often immediately obvious poor aesthetics - often everything will be working fine for the first few months or, if you are lucky, sometimes even years.
The issues usually come a little later down the line. When we go to sites to remove systems we see issues with water ingress, some panels or strings not working at all, no way to monitor the system, cheap panels and or inverters, wiring, isolators and breakers, poor stringing of the system (it is often clear that the contractors have done things a certain way just to save some time), the list goes on.
A solar system can be complex and tricky to get right, there are several elements we need to take into consideration, such as:
- What is the best racking system (rails and brackets, which hold and secure the panels) for your property?
- What circuit breakers, isolators and cabling should be used?
- What are the best modules for your situation? We have different solutions for a range of issues from shading and flat roof spaces to ground mounting or sometimes angled frames.
- The way that the system is wired or "strung", which can have a huge impact on daily and lifetime generation.
- The orientation of the panels. It is best to try and match the generation curve of your new solar system as close as possible to your current consumption curve. This is because consumed power from your solar system is more valuable to you than exported energy.
- We also consider what installers are sent to site. Experience and training in different components and roof spaces is taken into consideration.
More often than ever we are finding ourselves removing systems that have only been installed for 4 or 5 years. So many installers are in the race to the bottom, and in trying to offer the cheapest systems they cut costs on some of the most simple but most important things.
As we have been in the industry longer than most solar companies in South Australia, we understand the importance of a quality install. This is why we don't use contractors, all of our installers are trained in-house and are our own employees. We also have a team dedicated to our daily operations and after-sales support. Put us to the test, I am sure we will impress!